Assistant Director - Corporate Finance
An Assistant Director is required to independently develop and grow the M&A business within Corporate Finance, as well as develop the team members. You will have a good understanding of, and experience in, the field of corporate finance for both buy-side and sell-side work, involving public and private companies, owner-managed businesses and private equity houses.
International Practice based in Bristol offices.
- Support management of the Lead Advisory and wider Corporate Finance team with other Assistant Directors, Directors and Partners.
- Lead the development of existing and new service stream methodologies.
- Manage M&A engagements, which include the resolution of project issues prior to Partner review.
- Build strong and sustainable relationship with clients, both internal and external to the client, establishing both a rapport and trust.
- Undertake the management of the project team on a day-to-day basis.
- Assume real ownership of client relationships and projects.
- People management responsibilities covering resource planning and allocation, performance management, support to the appraisal process, training and recommendations for promotion.
- Scope and review reports, information memoranda and documents using Word and PowerPoint
- Scope and review financial models using Excel
- Act as a mentor to team members and provide coaching with a view to assisting them to achieve their personal career goals.
- Convert existing opportunities into future Corporate Finance/M&A work, and identify new project opportunities.
- Contribute and play an active role in the development of new business relationships, marketing and business proposals.
- Seek and take action on feedback.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of firm products and cross-selling opportunities.
- Deliver honest and timely feedback to executives and managers.
- Thorough working knowledge of sell-side and buy-side corporate finance advisory activities
- ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent), or relevant work experience.
- Previous staff management or supervisory experience.
- Good knowledge of MS Office, in particular Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- For those involved in plc activities, a thorough knowledge of relevant regulatory regimes.
GBP60-80,000 dependent on experience.
Excellent Benefits Package