VAT Manager, Multinational Bank, GBP70,000
The purpose of this role is to manage the indirect tax affairs of the Bank and Group subsidiaries located in the UK, Europe and USA.
A multinational banking and financial services company.
Management and team building
* Manage the relationship with Tax and Finance personnel who complete and file indirect tax returns in the local jurisdictions within the region.
* Identify staff that can act as Indirect Tax Champions in each jurisdiction, and develop this local expertise.
* Identify and ensure regular contact is maintained with key business and function heads in the region.
* Utilise, develop and implement systems and processes to capture, manage and distribute up-to-date indirect tax knowledge and information.
* Advise on VAT implications of the Bank's M & A transactions within region and manage any post implementation issues
* Provide timely indirect tax advice to the front office and support functions ensuring tax risk is managed appropriately for all transactions including VAT sign-off new Projects, Products, Commodities, SIP and Structured Transactions
* Liaise with external advisors as required, review and challenge that advice where necessary.
* Advise on and devise indirect tax mitigation strategies.
* Review and advise on the indirect tax aspects of planning projects and group structure reorganisations
* Advising on the indirect tax aspects of transfer pricing arrangements.
* Work with RTMs/CTMs in identifying tax initiatives and provide assistance in executing and delivering those initiatives
Risk and Compliance:
* To manage the indirect tax compliance for all entities within the region, and where necessary review the returns prior to filing.
* Develop and implement effective indirect tax risk management controls in line with Tax risk policies.
* Carry out compliance visits to Countries within the region on a regular basis.
* Ensure changes required as a result of new regulations are implemented throughout the region.
* Assist in providing strategic direction in dealing with local Revenue authorities on tax audits
* To represent the Bank on local industry group
* Maintain a good working relationship with the tax authorities
* Assist with special projects as required
The ideal candidate will have:
- An indirect tax background and some level of exposure or interest in to financial services.
- Professional qualification e.g. ATII, CTA, ATT, ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- In view of the need to interact with different areas of the bank, the candidate should possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
GBP60,000 - GBP75,000 + package