Senior Corporate Tax Accountant - Cambridge
Robert Half Taxation are hiring for a Senior Corporate Tax Accountant for a leading technology business based in Cambridge. This is a permanent, full-time position.
Reporting into the Group Tax Manager, the Senior Corporate Tax Accountant will fulfil a varied tax position. Though focused on UK corporate tax compliance and tax accounting, you would also get the opportunity to support on project/advisory work, to work on VAT issues and to work on a variety of European tax affairs that affect the group, as well as more niche areas of tax work such as R&D taxation and Patent Box.
-Drafting of all UK Corporation Tax computations/returns and return to provision calculations for each entity
- Preparation of quarterly UK tax payment calculations
- Assist in calculating and maintaining the R&D tax credit and Patent Box profile on a quarterly basis.
- Tax calculation and disclosure requirements for all UK financial statement (IFRS including deferred tax) and liaising with statutory auditors.
- Support in managing European outsourced Corporate income Tax compliance relationships including compliance calendar to ensure all tax returns are files and taxes paid in a timely manner
- Assist with HMRC enquiries and audits
- Responsible for WHT certificate requests and coordinating with overseas colleagues.
- Assist manager in maintaining strong process and control environment for SAO and HMRC filings
- Contribute to adhoc projects when required
- Assist and support with UK VAT compliance and advice as required
As such this is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to broaden their tax experience, or for someone who is looking to gain experience working at a large multinational business.
The company are looking to hire an experienced corporate tax specialist who has prior experience in UK corporate tax compliance. It is beneficial to be a qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / ICAS) or tax advisor (CTA), however they will also consider those qualified by experience.
Whilst a broader tax knowledge will be useful, the company only strictly requires someone with UK corporate tax experience. However the successful applicant will be able to take ownership of the corporate tax processes, whilst being happy to work with and learn from the Group Tax Manager on other areas of taxation.
The company is a well-known technology business with operations all across the world and global revenues in excess of $20bn. They are known to be one of the premier employers in Cambridgeshire.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is likely to be in the region of GBP45,000 to GBP55,000 with an impressive benefits package on top.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.