Financial Control Manager
Finance Manager - GBP49,000 to GBP61,000 per annum - Essex
You will be responsible for ensuring that the financial accounting function runs to a high standard and to ensure that statutory and financial reporting needs are met. Key responsibilities also include ensuring that performance targets are monitored and met. You will also work closely with external audit organisations to ensure that accurate and timely information is available to assist with audit of annual accounts and will be responsible for ensuring that audit requirements are implemented within timescale.
- Experience of leading in the preparation and production of NHS year-end final accounts.
- Experience of managing both internal and external auditors.
- Flexibility to travel within Essex.
- Experience of managing the agreement of balances process.
- Knowledge of Service Auditor Reporting (SAR).
- CCAB or CIMA accreditation or equivalent level of experience
- Educated to masters level or equivalent level of experience
- Experience of supervising/managing staff
- Experience of using computerised financial systems
- Experience of treasury management - maintaining positive cash flow position and ensuring good banking relationships
- Experience of producing Statutory Accounts
- Experience of final accounts production within NHS
- Advanced knowledge of Agresso/Oracle/end user systems and other related Financial/Ledger Systems across a range of responsibilities
- In-depth knowledge of VAT rules and regulations
- Knowledge of NHS cash limits
- Knowledge of UK GAAP/IFRS
- An understanding of the current challenges being faced by NHS Finance departments
- Up to date knowledge of Financial Policy
- Knowledge of ESR
- A good understanding and use of capital investment decision making techniques