Head of English- Wakefield College
Head of English
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Salary: GBP43 K In addition a recruitment incentive payment would be available for an exceptional candidate
Location: Based at one of the College's main campuses. Travel within the district and beyond will be required
Wakefield College is an exciting place to be right now as we create a dedicated English team with the aim of deliver a learning experience which is high quality and relevant to their working lives.
The English team is to be staffed by a team of professionals who will go the extra mile to make sure that learning is accessible, enjoyable and tailored to individual needs. In effect, they will be educators who are in a 'league of their own'.
If you feel that, for those studying English post 16, "Good" teaching is simply not good enough and that every student deserves an experience that is something very different and quite special then this leadership role may be the one for you.
Heading up the English department and being a key voice in the senior management team, you will be responsible for leading a culture of high expectations and positive engagement among both staff and students and for driving forward our agenda for English.
As Head of English, you will:
- Hold a professional qualification or degree in a relevant area (level 4 or above)
- Hold a PGCE or recognised full teaching qualification
- Have GCSE A* - C in Maths and English qualifications or equivalent
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- A track record of highly effective team leadership under challenging conditions, achieving above target outcomes
- Successful experience of establishing a culture of high performance ensuring achievement of excellent standards of teaching and learning
- Significant and successful teaching experience delivering outstanding outcomes
- Child Care Vouchers
- Generous Annual Leave
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training & Development
Closing date: 11.00am on Monday 26 June 2017
Assessment centre to be held on a date to be confirmed.
See what we have to offer and come and join us. For further details, please refer to the job description and person specification above.
Transforming lives through learning by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.