Traffic Signals Engineer
Traffic Signals Engineer - Luton, Bedfordshire - paying cGBP35,000 per year (plus vehicle, bonuses and excellent company benefits)
Our client are experiencing a significant period of growth and are now looking to attract a Senior Traffic Signals Engineer position within their team to work on new projects and help them take their service and capability to the next level. Working as a Senior Engineer, you will take responsibility for the maintenance of traffic signals in their contracted area, attending difficult fixes and coordinating engineers on fault visits.
To be successful in the role, you will need to come from a street lighting, traffic signals or motorway technology background and be familiar with working in a roadside environment. This role will be split 30:70 between working in the office and working in the field and will require travel around the South East of England from time-to-time.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience maintaining roadside technology/electrical networks
- A relevant electronic qualification (G39, HERS, NHSS 8)
- Experience of working with traffic signals would be highly desirable
- Experience of coordinating engineers and prioritising urgent faults
- Full, clean UK driving license
Role and Responsibilities:
- Conducting and overseeing corrective maintenance on traffic signals
- Make sure periodic inspections and properly carried out and are up to date
- Dealing with customer enquiries and providing telephone support
- Coordinating field engineers and prioritising critical faults
- Undertake specialist training on traffic signal equipment
- Travel to urgent faults to provide onsite support
To hear more about this exciting new opportunities working as a Senior Traffic Signals Engineer based in Luton and covering the South East region; please call James Sample at ISR Recruitment here in our London office or please send me your latest CV or online profile for an immediate call back.