Royal London Group
Underwriter - Edinburgh or Glasgow
Salary GBP23,525 - GBP35,288 (depending on experience)
Benefits - Bonus, 28 days holiday + Bank Holidays, Excellent Pension + Flexible Benefits
Royal London is the largest mutual life, pensions and investment company in the UK, with Group funds under management of GBP100 billion. Group businesses provide around 9.1 million policies and employ 3,253 people. (Figures quoted are as at 31 December 2016).
Founded as a Friendly Society in a London coffee shop in 1861, Royal London started out with the aim to help people avoid the stigma of a pauper's grave. Since then we have been helping people help themselves and are committed to delivering the best value for customers and putting members first.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Underwriter to join a successful Protection team on a permanent basis.
The main purpose of this role is ensuring customers consistently receive accurate and fair underwriting decisions with market leading customer service; the successful candidate will manage their own case pipeline from beginning to end, making accurate decisions whilst balancing cost & risk that drives on improving customer outcomes and experience.
- Supporting the Group Customer Service strategy in ensuring robust and accurate Underwriting decisions are appropriate to the commercial risk and within personal Underwriting authority levels
- Supporting the delivery of the wider customer agenda, ensuring the experiences and outcomes to Royal London customers are at the heart of all decisions taken
- Acting as a technical point of reference, providing underwriting guidance both internally and externally.
- Supporting key stakeholders by building and maintaining relationships with key partners.
- Providing support and guidance to less experienced team members.
- Adhering to the Royal London Group quality assurance model, ensuring that consistency of approach to underwriting and quality assurance drives quality results protecting the company's risk exposure.
- Ensuring that the minimum requirements with respect to conduct risk are understood and met.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- A proven track record of underwriting skills
- Sound Knowledge and experience of the Protection Market
- Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to work in an open phone environment
- Ability to research, analyse and interpret complex information
- Sound understanding of medical terminology and the ability to interpret medical information
- Established relationship and influencing skills
- Absolute passion for customer satisfaction/delivery and understanding of the drivers of customer delight/dissatisfaction
- Highly analytical with high energy and motivation
To apply, please use the 'Apply Online' link below.
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact (see below)