Part time Business Manager
Business manager, office manager, part time, Oxfordshire
Our client, within the manufacturing sector, is seeking a Business Manager on a part time basis. Reporting to the COO, the Business Manager will ensure that effective business services are in place in the UK (and other global offices as required) including; IT, telephony, SAP, HR and contracts (both company and customer).
Some of the core responsibilities:
- To ensure effective IT services are in pIace, managing the relationship with providers, minimising disruption due to IT and implementing IT projects as required
- ???To manage recruitment processes and new starter processes including contract production
- Basic people management advice in accordance with the Employee Handbook referring more complex cases to the COO
- Ensuring the Employ Handbook is maintained in accordance with current legislation and improved for best practice
- Managing the annual appraisal process including organising training courses
- To be the systems administrator for SAP dealing with user issues, referring them internally or externally if needed
- To prepare and implement a SAP development plan
- To ensure contracts are in place for all services provided to the business
- In consultation with the COO, review commercial bids and help prepare for price negotiations.
Candidates will be qualified to degree level in Business Management and/ or Finance and/ or HR ideally with a good working knowledge of contract principles and processes as well as governance principles and processes. Experience of working as a Business Manager in an SME is key, ideally manufacturing or similar. He/she will have experience of managing a range of outsourced providers/ services, IT services and SAP. Strong HR knowledge and experience of handling HR matters is important as is experience of working in a global business, developing and implementing new systems and processes and tracking multiple projects. Strong IT skills are required as well as excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to work across several small teams.
This is a super varied opportunity being offered on a part time basis.
- Flexibility - 10-3 (across 5 days or similar pattern)
- Location - Oxfordshire
- Salary - up to GBP40K plus benefits