Assessor/Trainer in Welding and Fabrication- Colchester Institute
JOB TITLE: Assessor/Trainer in Welding and Fabrication
REGULATED ACTIVITY: Yes
RESPONSIBLE TO: Area Head of Engineering and Manufacturing
LINE MANAGEMENT OF OTHER STAFF: No
GRADE:Range Points 26 - 30
- To ensure that workshops are maintained in a safe operational condition, that all teaching and learning related materials are prepared in a timely manner and appropriate stock levels are maintained, working collaboratively with both teaching and support staff to meet the learning needs of students.
- To train and assess candidates within a workshop environment, predominantly across college campuses but could be within industry.
- To oversee / carry out live practical projects both within the college or other establishments maintaining a high quality of work in accordance to statutory requirements.
- To at all times maintain high expectations of learner's work, commitment, and behaviour, taking action to ensure the highest of standards are met.
- To continuously evaluate and improve the quality of learning and teaching within your delivery utilising and engaging with the college's development and observation programmes.
- To train and assess candidates towards agreed qualifications and prepare high quality learning and teaching materials.
- To maintain workshop, equipment and tools to the highest standards ensuring statutory requirements are met.
- To carry out and oversee practical community or college projects ensuring high standards of work are maintained at all times.
- To competently and professionally liaise with customers and employers.
- To maintain an effective and timely stock control system of materials and consumables including the ordering of tools and equipment.
- To prepare materials and equipment as needed by teaching staff and students in a timely, effective and efficient manner.
- To contribute to the work of programme teams, committees and boards as appropriate.
- To complete appropriate awarding body documentation and ensure compliance of required procedures.
- To monitor candidate progress including target setting and the carrying out of regular progression reviews.
- To assist in the promotion and marketing of programmes within your team and centre of duty.
- To apply and actively promote the college's Safeguarding and Health and Safety policies.
- To actively promote Equality and Diversity at all times.
- To undertake such other duties as may be required by or on behalf of Colchester Institute provided that they are consistent with the nature of the post.
This job description is a guide to the duties the post holder will be expected to undertake.
It is not intended to be exhaustive or exclusive and will be subject to change as working requirements dictate and to meet the organisational requirements of Colchester Institute.