Chief Digital & Technology Officer
The Charity Commission of England & Wales performs a crucial role within our society and via a big digital presence, is supporting thousands of organisations every day. We independently regulate and support the successful management of over 165,000 charities, via a myriad of services. This of course includes our website, one of the busiest across the Government digital estate.
Our recent transformation has led us to be a leaner more effective organisation, via the exploration of market leading tools such as cutting edge artificial intelligence. We use data-analytics to analyse risk, increased automation to ensure a prompt and effective service and digital working practices where possible. Additionally, our charities' portal will allow charities, trustees and the public to engage with us in new and innovative ways, to deliver the best possible services to our customers.
Whilst we have achieved a huge amount in the last year, we still have much to do. With both this in mind and the imminent retirement of our existing IT leader, we are now recruiting a new Chief Digital & Technology Officer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key deliverables:
- The leadership of a highly effective technology function and online presence across our four offices;
- Completing the transition from a Legacy estate to new cloud-based systems and processes;
- The continued development of our digital capabilities;
- Establish and deliver a combined technology and digital roadmap in line with organisational strategy;
- The successful management and ownership' of key supplier relationships;
- The continuous development of an infrastructure that is critical to our future;
- The implementation of robust risk management and disaster recovery practices;
- The delivery of disciplined and structured release management;
- The maximisation of cloud technology, including a new data strategy;
- Setting a delivering the digital technology vision, as part of an accomplished and supportive Directors Group.
You will ideally come from a background that includes transactional technology and be able to inspire others, in particular surrounding the benefits of the latest digital ways of working. As a candidate with vision, ambition and energy; you will play a vital role in not just the future of our business, but improve service delivery to millions of people for years to come.