Director in Health and Care - West Thames College
We're looking for a dynamic leader with a strong curriculum background and a proven track record, together with the vision, creativity, drive and experience to make our Health, Care and Science department outstanding.
As a pivotal member of the College Management Team, you will have overall responsibility for the management of the staff, resources and provision of the department, driving up quality and success rates to help position the college as a recognised centre of excellence. You will also take the lead in ensuring a high quality student experience on our employer-related provision.
You will need to:
- Develop a vision and provide the leadership and management to ensure that the curriculum is up to date, innovative, and relevant, and meets the progression needs of students into further or higher education, apprenticeships or work.
- Provide the leadership and management for excellent teaching and learning which enables every student to succeed.
- Create a culture within the department and College where learning is purposeful and fun, and staff and students contribute to and participate in this culture.
- Build and lead a team of Curriculum and Quality Team Managers, supporting them in their quality improvement, curriculum planning and development, and staff and student management and development roles.
- Be an active member of the College Management Team, working with others to set objectives for growth and development and to make best use of resources and contribute to positioning the department and the College as a recognised centre of excellence.
- Make an effective contribution to quality improvement through leading on and managing a cross college area of responsibility.
West Thames College is a vibrant and successful college of further and higher education with a good Ofsted 2014 rating. We have many outstanding features and our vision is to be outstanding in everything. We have a reputation for giving excellent support to our diverse student population. Staff are well supported within a culture of continuous professional development and are encouraged to take on new and more senior roles within the college. Facilities across our campuses in Isleworth and Feltham are state-of-the art with good public transport links and free staff parking.
For more information and to apply online please click the apply button below.
Or, to receive our application pack in the post, call (office hours) or email: stating your name, address and the job reference number.
Sorry, we do not accept CVs.
Closing date: 1pm - 3 July 2017
Interview date: 13 and 14 July 2017