Buyer - Supply Chain
My client within the Automotive market are looking for a Materials Buyer, who will be responsible for the order and control of a wide variety of automotive parts for specified areas. You will play a key role in the administration and communication within the Purchasing Team identifying, sourcing and negotiating with new and existing suppliers, achieving cost reductions, supply initiatives and improving supplier performance.
Overview of the Material Buyer role
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, the Buyer must have previous experience from an automotive manufacturing environment and will be responsible for the order and control of small assembly's, automotive parts, packaging and tooling. The Buyer will play a key role in the administration and communication within the Purchasing Team and to suppliers and will provide assistance to the team in achieving cost reductions, supply initiatives and improving supplier performance.
Key skills required for the Material Buyer
- Hold or working towards CIPS Membership would be advantageous.
- Degree Level or Equivalent/relevant work experience would be highly advantageous.
- Must have working knowledge within buying, within Automotive manufacturing markets.
- Ability to perform to demanding deadlines.
- Minimum 3 years procurement experience within Automotive manufacturing environments.
Additional skills required
- Fantastic people and communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly follow instructions.
- Must have a proven track record of incurring previous cost savings.
- Strong negotiation skills with a pro-active, keen eye to identify areas and opportunities for cost saving.
- Must be a pro- active and confident individual, eager to develop their skills within the purchasing department.
- Displays enthusiasm for career progression within procurement.
- Ability to work competently as an individual but comfortably as part of a team.
- Strong organisation skills.
The role is based in the Leamington Spa area, Warwickshire - commutable from Birmingham, Rugby, Daventry, Coventry, Northampton, Banbury, Redditch, Stratford-upon-Avon, Worcester and Nuneaton.
The role does require the candidate to travel regularly to different sites throughout the UK as part of the role.
If you are a Buyer looking for a new role either apply online or please contact Phil Browne at (see below) or phone (see below).
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement/Purchasing/Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).