Quantity Surveyor - MoD Build Experience, SC/DV
Due to continuous expansion our client is actively looking for a Senior Project Quantity Surveyor with the commercial awareness and financial skills to support the delivery of an exciting project and keep our client's business on the move.
The project has been formed to provide modern, high quality, fully serviced and purpose built living and working accommodation across two different sites.
Quantity Surveyor - Permanent - Wiltshire & Hampshire - GBP45,000 - GBP60,000 per annum
- It combines large scale construction programmes with comprehensive services provision
- 6 major construction projects consisting of 200 construction sites in Hampshire and across Wiltshire
- The project has a total through life value of some GBP8 billion
- New or refurbished bedroom accommodation for approximately 11,000 people
- 18,000 people set to benefit from new and improved office accommodation and leisure facilities
Working side-by-side with our client's Commercial, Operational and Supply Chain functions, the successful candidate will:
- Prepare budgets and cost/value analyses
- Approve account measurements and pricing and rating variations
- Produce applications for payment, strategy documentation and value enhancement plans
- Deliver operational, commercial and contractual advice
- Develop, implement and review commercial practices across projects
- Create revenue forecasts and establish target costs
- Advise budget managers and holders on financial planning, payment, contractual and professional matters
- Procure subcontractors and key materials
- Generate monthly valuations and applications for payment
This is a chance to work at the heart of our client's business, helping our client to assess and manage risk, evaluate opportunities and control costs. As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, the work that you do and the guidance that you provide will be essential in delivering our client's vision: making tomorrow a better place. You'll be involved in a wide range of unique projects, looking after them from start to finish, and collaborate with teams and leaders from across the business. This is an opportunity to use your skills to create a lasting impact on both our client and the communities they work with.
- Company vehicle fuel card
- 26 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays with the opportunity to buy more holidays once you have been with the company for a short while
- BUPA Healthcare Insurance (single cover with option to 'trade up' to cover your family)
- Pension Plan
- Benefits Scheme, which offers flexible, tax efficient benefits such as child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme & discounts on high street brands
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own.
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV/SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV/SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.
Job Role: Quantity Surveyor
Location: Wiltshire & Hampshire
Salary/Rate: GBP45,000 - GBP60,000 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC/DV Clearance