We have a fantastic opportunity for experienced and professional Solutions Architect to be responsible for supporting and leading the development of new solutions to meet business demand. The Solutions Architect contributes to defining convincing business cases and value propositions ensuring solutions meet both near term and long term business and IS goals. Identifying implementation options (technology, supplier and process) and delivering actionable solution architecture designs.
- Responsible for solution architecture selection, definition & technology governance for supporting circa 400 staff, GBP1.2bn revenue.
- Contribute to business case definition, ensuring that the full range of technology options are assessed to deliver maximum business value at a quantified and appropriate cost
- Analyse, define and document solution options (technology, process, delivery model, risk, cost) for new projects and provide recommendations to business & IS stakeholders that meet the business the demand and align to local and group standards
- Create innovative and actionable solution architecture designs that can be used by internal and external delivery teams to size, design, implement, test and deploy IS solutions
- Document and agree the non-functional requirements for IS solutions, ensuring that the business understand the cost and risk associated with the non-functional requirements, that solutions are supportable and meet the needs of IS Service Delivery and that the future cost and speed of change to solutions are minimised
- Ensure appropriate controls are in place to monitor and report on the adherence to the solution architecture design and non-functional requirements during project delivery and lead the assessment of changes to the solution architecture prior to project completion
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- Ability to demonstrate thought leadership
- Performance driven nature
- Excellent analytical and problem solving capability
- Demonstrates strong business minded consultative approach with focus on profitability, margin & risk
- Strong experience in standard IS architectures, frameworks, processes & notation (TOGAF, Archimate)
- Commercially minded, able to maximise value from existing and new technology & delivery partners
- Experience of working with in-house, near-shore and off-shore delivery teams
- Solid understanding of utilities & retail sectors
- Experience of delivering and integrating with tier 1 ERP systems
- Experience of implementing digital platforms
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or related subject
- Advanced degree preferred
- Architecture certification (TOGAF)
- Experience of EA modelling tools (eg Corso) and Systems Design Tools (Sparx EA)
- Occasional travel to regional offices (Ipswich, London, Selby)
- Working hours may need to be flexible to support delivery of various projects and deliverables.
Measures of Success:
- Business cases have understood technology implications, costs and opportunities and are documented according to company standards
- Solution options have evaluated alternative technology and delivery capabilities, are fully documented, have navigated the governance processes, a recommendation made and agreed.
- Mandatory architecture documentation is produced and kept up to date
- Architectural changes identified during project delivery are minimised and delivered within agreed cost and time tolerances
- IS solutions are transitioned into the Service Delivery function with no issues