Penetration and security vulnerability Testing Consultant
Job Title: Penetration and security Vulnerability Consultant
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: GBP45,000 per annum
Penetration and security vulnerability Testing Consultant required with a combination of the following skills TCP/IP, HTML, XML, CGI, Python, Perl, Java, Java Script, C++, C# .Net, networking including IP classes, subnets, multicast, NAT, WINS, DNS, and DHCP and Network troubleshooting, The Penetration and vulnerability security consultant is intended to perform and support the core components of the services and product offerings. As such the function is to provide security vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, research, analysis, and findings documentation and remediation support services to the customers as required. Additionally, the Consultant will assist the company with the design, implementation, configuration, support, testing and monitoring of corporate infrastructure security and access controls.
Location: The duties of this position will be performed at the office in London and customer locations. The Consultant is expected to work alone, around others, under minimal supervision and under deadlines.
• Identify, exploit and document security flaws and vulnerabilities with attack simulations on multiple projects working against specific client focused scopes of work.
• Ability to flow from black box to grey box to white box tests dependent on client needs.
• Ability to test a variety of client form factors and technologies based on scopes of work.
• Ability to solve complex technical problems and articulate to non-IT personnel.
• Ability to effectively provide technical risk assessment of technologies in networks applications, wireless, social engineering, code reviews and war dialling.
• Ability to perform vulnerability assessments and penetration testing, utilizing tools commercial and open source tools.
• Perform, review and analyse security vulnerability data to identify applicability and false positives.
• Research and develop testing tools, techniques, and process improvements.
• Create risk based security code reviews (static & dynamic.)
• Conduct penetration testing in line with Open Web Application Security project.
• Mentor junior engineers to build their skills and contribution levels.
• Write technical reports that include suggested resolution for identified problem areas and perform operational risk assessment.
• Support company through the testing and evaluation of new technologies and security controls.
• Assist and support Risk Factory Security Staff as they perform vulnerability, network and network security assessments.
• May require the performance of other essential functions depending upon work location or assignment.
• Knowledge and understanding of basic information security principles.
• Knowledge of security best practice guidelines, (ISO 17799, NIST, OWASP etc.)
• Relevant professional experience including working knowledge of the following.
•Key Skills Penetration testing, TCP/IP, HTML, XML, CGI, Python, Perl, Java, Java Script, C++, C#. .Net, networking including IP classes, subnets, multicast, NAT, WINS, DNS, and DHCP, Network troubleshooting, Microsoft OS, Active Directory and Server technologies.
If you're looking for a new opportunity and have all the above skills, then APPLY TODAY!