Senior Business Analyst
The General Medical Council are the independent regulator for doctors in the UK, it's our job to protect, promote and maintain the health and safety of the public by ensuring proper standards in the practice of medicine.
We are now seeking to recruit a Senior Business Analyst to work alongside our BAs, developers, testers and technical architects within the CRM product team.
About the Company
At the GMC, you'll find a career in a stimulating workplace, with colleagues from diverse backgrounds, and opportunities to develop and progress - in an organisation that really makes a difference.
We highly value our staff and offer extensive employee benefits including:
- Annual holiday entitlement of 25 days per year, increasing 1 day for each year of service up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Opportunity to buy/sell annual leave
- Childcare voucher scheme enabling staff to reduce the cost of their childcare through tax savings
- Cycle to work scheme enabling staff to save on the cost of a new bike through tax savings
- Interest free season ticket loans
Key responsibilities will include:
- Becoming a subject matter expert within the organisation's CRM system, understanding processes and how they are systemised and proposing appropriate solution design
- Understanding and prioritising requirements through holding requirements gathering and definition workshops
- Working alongside the development team to deliver effective business solutions
- Developing and mentoring junior team members
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Experience of solution design within an enterprise application
- Strong, demonstrable experience of using techniques including UML, Domain models, Process Flows along with a good understanding of IT application development methods and practices
- A proven track record of holding high quality workshops to support accurate requirements gathering and documentation
- The ability to produce high quality work to tight timescales and rapid release cycles
- A continuous improvement approach to your own work and across the department and organisation
- A good understanding of equality and diversity issues
- A degree in a computer science, or similar, is desirable, whilst not essential for the role.
This is an excellent opportunity to shape and improve the systems of a professional IS team that has pride and purpose.
All 3rd party CVs will be forwarded to Robert Walters
For more information about the Senior Business Analyst role please contact Andy Ward (see below)