Health and Safety Manager (Highways/Construction/Systems)
Health and Safety Compliance Manager - Berkshire - GBP40,000 to GBP45,000 (+ car + excellent company benefits)
I am shortlisting for a Health and Safety Manager (NEBOSH/CDM) for the world's largest Highways Safety Systems business. You will be responsible for designing and implementing company wide Health and Safety policies and procedures, both in the field/on-site (2-3 days per week) and in the head office (2-3 days per week). Risk assessments will have to consider Civils/Structural/LV Power/Communications/Software Engineering environments. As part of the role, you will use your knowledge and skills to promote a positive health and safety culture in the workplace.
Further duties you will have will be to complete safety audits and generally to monitor compliance to safe working practices. You will also assist with documentation for Risk Assessments, Method Statements and Work Packages.
You will be reporting to the Operations Director and will require UK wide travel often staying away and in some cases working unsociable hours.
- A minimum of a NEBOSH national diploma (or equivalent) and a minimum of 3 years managing Health & Safety Compliance in the construction industry or preferably in roadside technology
- A track record of providing competent advice on all aspects of health and safety and assurance of legal compliance
- Current and clean driving licence
- Providing competent advice on all aspects of health and safety and assurance of legal compliance and ensuring that equipment is installed correctly and safely
- Advising on the health and safety aspects of installs and the maintenance of permanent and temporary contracts
- Outlining safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards, identifying potential hazards and determining ways of reducing risks
- Writing internal health and safety processes and procedures that ensures compliance with relevant legislation
- Managing programmes of health and safety improvements including drawing-up safe operational practices and making necessary changes
- Undertaking regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Reviewing and writing Risk Assessments, Method Statements and Work Packages
- Ensuring all Health and Safety documentation associated is captured, stored and made available to the appropriate personnel and or third parties.
- Being up to date and ensuring compliance with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation
For further information on this role working as a Health & Safety Manager (Highways/Construction) based in Berkshire, please send your CV ASAP to Simon Mattock or please call me here in our London offices to discuss the opportunity further.