Maritime Combat Systems Integration Engineer
Maritime Combat Systems Integration Engineer - Permanent - Hampshire - GBP50,000
This is a great opportunity for someone with HM Forces experience (particularly Navy). Our client is looking for a Systems Integration Engineer who will be responsible for the operational and system analysis and design of system integration solutions for maritime opportunities and programmes.
You will need to be able to answer these questions:
1. What are the key elements of a combat system
2. What are the differences between a Combat System, a Command System, a Combat Management System and a Command Support System?
3. Describe the design approach you would use to deliver a Combat System, what would be your key areas of focus and what would be the key challenges?
- Requirements assessment and management, support to design of system and support systems infrastructure, technical impact assessment, design baseline synthesis and control
- Support to System Architects in development of system solutions
- Planning and control of own work and of any assigned engineering team
- Conduct of operational analysis and performance of Concept and Assessment Phase design studies on behalf of internal/external customers
- Support to the conduct of internal and customer-funded research and development studies
- Support to development of Systems Architecture and Technology Roadmaps. Assessment of existing Systems, modified or new Systems and embodiment of COTS/MOTS solutions
- Interaction with potential and actual customers, suppliers and team-mates
- Systems input to subsystem specifications and interface requirement specifications
- Presentation at internal and independent design/study reviews
- Preparation and delivery of proposal material
- Technical input to programme management and cost estimation teams
- Technical risk assessment and reduction, including assessment of TPMs and TRLs
Additional/Occasional Duties and Tasks:
- Experience in complex systems integration projects within the military maritime business area
- Maritime Combat System integration architecture development capability
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- The candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and work well in a team environment
- The candidate will be capable of developing and communicating a vision for maritime programmes
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with extensive professional experience. Considered an expert, authority in discipline
- Proven experience with the successful design, implementation, integration, and test of Maritime Combat Systems
- A good knowledge of other Maritime systems that integrate with Combat Systems to include Navigation and Electronic Warfare Systems
- Previous maritime Systems Engineering experience
- Current knowledge of Defence and IMO Standards
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2016.