Head Of Credit Management
Robert Half Accounting Operations are recruiting for a fantastic Head of Credit Management position with an innovative organisation based in Gloucestershire. GBP60,000 - GBP70,000 + benefits.
- The Credit Management team is responsible for all internal and external debt collection for Domestic and Business Customers through internal recovery processes, repayment arrangements and 3rd party debt collection agencies.
- The primary objective of this role is to minimise bad debt and improve the cash flow - by developing internal policies to minimise the likelihood of debt, and building and implementing strategies to collect any debt quickly and effectively.
- It's a multi-dimensional role that combines commercial accountability with operational leadership, strategic development and detailed policy design, and the management of 3rd party agencies. The role is focused on delivering an exceptional customer experience to all existing and potential customers throughout their entire supply journey.
- We're looking for someone who will constantly challenge how the company do things and look for improvements at every stage of the customer journey - balancing the need for efficiency and effectiveness, whilst also responding to both business and customer needs.
- Develop strategies to support the growth of the company and which optimize cashflow and customer experience and minimize risk, cost and debt.
- Take full responsibility for performance, development and operational effectiveness of the Credit Management function
- Help shape all relevant operational processes across our business to ensure that they support our credit management strategy.
- Develop a data-driven, analytical approach to the debt collection activity to maximize results and cost effectiveness.
- Implement policy, procedures and best working practices to ensure compliance with industry and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and implement the Vulnerability policy to ensure that it will adopt a responsible and tailored approach that reflects individual customer circumstances.
- Work closely with the B2B sales team to ensure that they have a credit management policy that minimizes risk of debt but also supports the growth aspirations
- Effective management of 3rd party Debt Collection Agencies in support of strategies.
- Work with the Finance to team to ensure that they have an adequate bad debt provision and write off policy
- Provide operational support to other group companies for Credit Management and Collection-related activity
- Proven track record of managing a credit management function in a services industry - ideally both front line collections and also debt recovery.
- Utilities experience is not essential but would be an advantage
- Proven ability in the formulation and implementation of strategies to reduce debt
- Ideal candidate will have both domestic and B2B credit management experience
- Proven Leadership skills in a customer facing operational environment
- Budgetary management skills
- Experience of 3rd party relationship management
- Working knowledge of SAP or similar CRM and Billing software package is an advantage
- Highly numerate with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Great communication skills
GBP60 - GBP70 p.a + a very competitive package
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.