SQL DBA - Portsmouth - GBP30K to GBP40K
Database Administrator (DBA) within SQL required to join a highly successful, growing company based in Portsmouth.
The role of SQL DBA will involve providing database expertise and support to their core production and support systems. You will be expected to provide administrative and routine maintenance to their SQL databases to ensure the constant availability of them. You will be expected to monitor the performance and plan accordingly along with ensuring their security and creating backups. Further responsibilities will include the generation of management reporting where required along with support of the IT Departments change management process ensuring that all changes made to both operational systems and the data held within are fully documented leaving a full audit trail
The correct individual will have the following skills:
- Significant experience in database development and support in Microsoft SQL Server (MSSQL) environments.
- Experience and knowledge of supporting and maintaining an enterprise Database platform with a main focus on SQL Server 2005/2008/2012.
- Experience and knowledge of supporting Wintel and Linux Operating systems required for database operations.
- Experience and knowledge of database Integration Services
- Experience and knowledge of using and configuring enterprise database monitoring solutions
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving MSSQL integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot database related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
- Knowledge of database backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering, Database mirroring, Replication.
- Experience in implementing MSSQL operational automation.
- Knowledge of how MSSQL indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching. How statistics work, how indexes are stored, how they can be created and managed effectively.
- Knowledge of MSSQL management tools (Profiler, DTA, SSMS, SAC, SSCM, PerfMon, DMVs, system sprocs)
- SSRS - Backup Failures/Job Failures/Instance Status/Service Status and Mirroring Synchronisation using remote T-SQL Queries via MS-DTC/RPC.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive firm who would be able to offer an excellent benefits package and a full career path to the right individual.