London based Java Developers
IT Consultancy looking for top Dev talent to join a team of highly skilled Java Developers and Architects
A Technology Consultancy that supports a wide range of clients across Banking (Front Office trading and retail), Commodities, Retail, Airline, Government & Health. Responsible for developing some cutting edge solutions for some of the UK's leading companies. We give all our employees the opportunity to do engaging work on interesting projects alongside smart people. In the unpredictable world of IT, we are the cavalry-we swoop in to succeed where others have failed.
The Development team is a group of passionate technologists that strive to deliver the very best solutions for our clients. As a member of the Technology team, you will need to share this passion and be inspired by Technology. Our consultants typically create complex solutions in demanding and sometimes difficult environments, they create the tools and/or build solutions that have never been built before. As part of a consultancy business, you will get exposure to various clients across multiple sectors. You will have access to leading technologies and you will get to work with some great people who strive to deliver top quality solutions. Flexibility to travel is required for this role.
We are currently looking for creative and talented people who enjoy being challenged to join our diverse team of technical Developers.
- 5 to 10 years of development and delivery experience with Java and/or C# and/or Perl and/or Python and/or Go and/or bash and/or any similar exciting technologies.
- Hands-on experience in analysis, design, coding, and implementation of complex, custom-built applications
- Great OO skills, including strong design patterns knowledge
- Familiarity with a few databases, like Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, MySQL, NoSQL, etc
- Knowledge of software best practices, like Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI)
- Strong communication and client-facing skills with the ability to work in a consulting environment is essential
- Desire to contribute to the wider technical community through collaboration, coaching, and mentoring of other technologists
- Development of highly concurrent systems (multithreaded and/or distributed)
Experience or exposure to any of the following would be seen as beneficial...
- Experience of app containers such as Jetty, Tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic, WebSphere
- Exposure to NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB, Redis, Riak, Couchbase, Cassandra
- Exposure to Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Solr, Lucene, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana
- Exposure to cloud platform technologies such as AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Ansible, Chef, Salt, Puppet
- Exposure to web development, including Angular, React/Flux
- Exposure to mobile development, either Andriod or iOS.
- Exposure to iterative/agile development methodologies (SCRUM, XP, DSDM, RUP &/or Kanban)
- Experience of working within a consultancy or software delivery company, would be seen as beneficial
- Exposure to complex Trading environments or other banking, retail, airline, government and/or health sectors, again would be seen as advantageous