Senior Infrastructure Engineer/Technical Consultant: Global Energy Tra
Senior Infrastructure Engineer/Technical Consultant: Global Energy Trading Co
Global Commodities Co has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Infrastructure Technical Consultant to ensure a high level of systems availability, service delivery and innovation across the Compute, Networking and Storage environments.
This is a relatively small and close-knit team of around 20 people, and you should have a broad range of IT skills covering both back and Front Office infrastructure.
A high level of responsiveness and customer engagement is expected along with a passion for driving technology evolution.
You will be reporting to the CTO, and will not have any direct reports.
About the Role:
- Ensure a high level of service availability to the existing Wintel HyperV and SAN/NAS environments
- Develop and execute Infrastructure product Lifecycle roadmaps.
- Engage with Application and Trading customers to produce Infrastructure solutions across Networking, Compute and Storage platforms aligned with business demand.
- Partner with technology colleagues to drive the strategic Technology direction across desktop, mobility, collaboration environments.
- Evaluate and deploy automation frameworks within the Infrastructure Operations and Delivery services.
- Evaluate, recommend and execute on Cloud/NextGen hosting Adoption strategies in alignment with Application Development teams.
We are looking for a do-er', a jack-of-all-trades'. Your IT experience must be broad, from Front to Back Office.
Essential technical skills:
- You should be hands on with Back Office infrastructure, and have at least a strong understanding of Front Office
- 8-12 years experience in delivering mission critical infrastructure services in demanding environments such as Trading, Commodities, Hedge Funds or Investment Management
- Windows Server
- Windows Virtualization
- SAN, NAS
- Networking fundamentals
- Windows Desktop
Preferred technical skills:
- Cloud migrations and operations
- Excellent ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels
- Comfortable dealing with traders in a high pressure environment
- Confident mentor to more junior members of the team
We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing.