Deputy Director, Regional Transport Strategies: London
This is an exciting and challenging role, with senior leadership responsibility, offering you the opportunity to help shape and deliver regional transport plans which help the economy. This transformational role will impact across Government and beyond.
You will work closely with organisations outside Government, with DfT colleagues, with HM Treasury as well as with other Government Departments and Agencies.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Managing the strategic relationship with Transport for London and contributing to wider cross-Government liaison on London issues.
- Reaching out and cooperating with potential regional transport bodies in the South of England – including supporting them to develop work plans, resource plans and facilitating engagement with colleagues across the Department
- Ensuring that preparation and implementation of the overall strategy for transport in the South of England contributes to a transformed economy and matches up to political expectations.
The successful candidate will be an extremely engaging leader preferably with a track record in both policy development and project delivery. In your application you should demonstrate your capability and potential against the following criteria:
- A proven track record of senior level leadership, particularly in relating their work to a wide range of stakeholders inside and outside of Governmen
- Highly developed strategic skills, with the ability to set clear direction and translating strategic priorities into clear outcome-focused objectives;
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, including experience of building effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders in order to develop new policies;
- Demonstrable ability to oversee the development of complex policies, and working with very senior stakeholders showing sound judgment and impact; and
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
For further information about the role and for details of how to apply please click the link.