SQL Server DBA/SQL DBA - Leeds
SQL Server DBA
Location: European HQ, Leeds
SQL Server DBA required on behalf of a market leading company to work within our global IT Function. This role sits within a team of DBAs who support multiple (400+) instances of SQL server globally. This role is directly responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of systems globally.
- Installation, configuration, maintenance and operational support of multiple SQL server instances globally ensuring suitable monitoring is in place
- Ensure SLA's & operational KPI's are met, working as necessary with internal and external support functions when major incidents occur
- Ensure database backups are appropriately executed and periodic restorations are exercised to ensure backup quality
- Maintain and exercise Disaster Recovery procedures for production databases supported
- Ensure high quality documentation and processes are in place and aligned with the global team
- Be a member of an On Call rotation to ensure SQL database support is available.
- Provide timely, quality estimates for any project work
Knowledge, Skills And Experience - Essential
- Strong practical experience of MS SQL server in a production, clustered environment.
- Good working knowledge of the Windows server operating system and associated hardware.
- Good written and verbal communication skills at all levels
- Ability to prioritise own workload and manage time effectively
- Knowledge of storage systems and concepts
- Knowledge of VMware
- Working knowledge of Quest Spotlight and Litespeed software
Our client has had a fantastic year and is continuing on a path of grown and transformation. From a systems point of view, it is a great time to join as the company evolves.