Senior Software Engineer (Java frameworks)
We currently have a number of new requirements for our client, a digital solutions specialist and outsourcing services company, who are currently seeking experienced Senior Software Engineers (Java frameworks) to join their fast growing team based at their busy offices based Bath.
- Design, code and test simple high-level items downwards.
- Assist with system integration.
- Technically supervise up to 3 less experienced staff.
- Check the technical work of peers and less experienced staff.
- Estimate and plan own work within a short time frame (up to 1 month).
- Apply the required standards and procedures and take responsibility for the quality of own work and ensure that standards and procedures are correctly applied by supervised staff.
- Report on progress (own and supervised staff) and escalate issues in a timely manner.
- Help identify skills gaps.
- Contribute to the development and refinement of project standards and working practices
- Ability to design; code and test mid-level items efficiently and with low defect rates.
- Ability to accurately estimate and plan own work.
- Effectively present technical problems and solutions both orally and in writing.
- Good understanding of computing concepts and practice, preferably with practical experience of more than one technology.
- Good knowledge of varied software development tools, methods and technologies.
- Good experience of all aspects of the full software life cycle.
4+ year's professional experience in some of the following, with specialist knowledge of the Java frameworks:
- HTML and CSS
- Commitment to produce high- quality work.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communicator.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and as part of a team.
In addition to a competitive salary my client will also offer the following corporate benefits package:
- 25 days annual leave.
- Personal pension scheme.
- Private medical & life insurance.
- Career development and mentoring.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Active sports & social club.