User Interface (UI) Designer
How about designing interfaces that tackle design patterns such as dashboards and maps?
You will play a key role in our design strategy and its tactical implementation. You'll be part of the UX team and will help decide how our products look and behave. You'll work with many stakeholders and will guide our UI developers in creating a living style guide to help communicate the visual language out to the organisation.
In return, you'll work alongside an incredibly talented team in a flexible working environment that continuously presents opportunities to develop, learn and grow.
- Create highly polished user interfaces and iconography for our web and mobile apps
- Work with UX Designers to help define our UI design standards
- Take wireframes for new functionality and turn them into high fidelity visual designs
- Lead the creation of a style guide that helps communicate our design standards
- Be a key point of contact for UI Developers as they translate high fidelity mockups into functional components and pages
- Confidently articulate your design rationale to balance business goals and user needs, ensuring stakeholder satisfaction
- Deliver work that spans all project phases, from concept and design through to production (eg sketches, mock-ups, low and hi-fidelity comps, specs and guidelines)
- Learn about our customers and gather feedback on your design concepts, in partnership with our UX Designers
- Work with development teams to ensure UI designs are implemented consistently and appropriately
- Highly proficient with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- An expert understanding of user interface and interaction design best practice principles, design techniques and tools
- Prior experience designing style guides for digital solutions
- Prior experience translating wireframes into high fidelity visual mockups
- Prior experience designing user interfaces for responsive web design platforms
- An excellent portfolio of UI designs that spans both desktop and mobile
- Experience in Sketch or Adobe XD
- An informed understanding of web technologies
- Experience working with UX designers and UI developers
- Experience working on large scale UI projects, large websites, complex platforms or data visualisation
- Experience designing for mobile apps
- Great family feel environment
- Great little extras, Easter eggs, yearly BBQ and annual awards!
- Excellent pension scheme offering 3% contribution
- Up to 29 days holiday with the bank holidays on top!
- Private medical insurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Free parking, tea, coffee and daily fruit
Interested in the role? Great, please apply today! We look forward to receiving it. Interviews will be taking place while the advert is live and if a suitable applicant is found the role may close earlier. So don't delay with your application!
Agencies - No agency support is required, please do not send speculative CV's.
About Our Company:
Microlise are leading the telematics industry and over most of the next year, one of our highest priority projects is to create a new visual language for our next generation of web and mobile apps. It's going to involve tackling some complex design patterns and we're looking for a talented UI designer that can help us on this journey.