User Research Lead
User Research Lead - Croydon
GBP60,000 - GBP80,000 + excellent benefits
We have an exciting opportunity with one of our major UK clients for a User Research Lead. They are one of the leading government departments responsible for various areas including crime, counter-terrorism and the police.
The User Research team work closely with interaction designers, content designers and service designers to plan, design and conduct in-house user research to better understand the needs and behaviours of all users of the client's services.
Responsibilities for the role will include:
- Build and lead a team of user researchers, providing performance feedback and supporting their learning and development goals
- Communicate with senior stakeholders, advocating a user centred approach
- Ensure teams include participants from the full range of users who rely on government services in their research - including those with assisted digital and access needs
- Run stakeholder workshops to set expectations of standards and ways of working
- Collaborate with the head of user research on cross government projects
- Work with stakeholders to understand their issues while maintaining user research quality etc
- Able to understand how digital technologies are changing user behavior
- Able to choose appropriate methods for different life cycle phases and situations
- Able to research diverse audiences to create accessible digital services
- Able to convince stakeholders to take a user-centred approach, based on evidence
- Able to understand the wider implications and long term impact of business issues and activities
- Able to co-ordinate a number of projects simultaneously and adapt to changing priorities
- A degree in HCI/Usability/Cognitive Psychology/Anthropology/Human Sciences or related field, and/or relevant industry experience
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to apply please do so by following the link provided. Alternatively please contact Jonny Mills at Experis for further details.