Parliamentary Affairs Adviser
PARLIAMENTARY AFFAIRS ADVISER, GOVERNMENT COMMUNICATIONS
An exciting new position has become available working as a Parliamentary Affairs Adviser for one of our high profile clients based in Brighton. In the role you will support the delivery of our client's engagement with Parliamentary stakeholders and Government communications partners.
- Support the delivery of Parliamentary Affairs strategy and plans.
- Monitor UK wide parliamentary activity on occupational pensions and provide updates for key internal stakeholders.
- Draft high-quality briefings for senior colleagues for meetings and other engagements, including select committee hearings.
- Draft responses to MP briefings, MP correspondence, Parliamentary Questions and other documents, and other relevant management documents and queries.
- Maintain accurate records and monitor debates and the position of Parliamentarians.
- Assist in day-to-day engagement with Parliamentary stakeholders and Government partners, including keeping then updated on activities and announcements.
- Arrange and attend Parliamentary meetings and events.
Essential and Desirable criteria
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to summarise lengthy documents quickly and accurately, taking account of political nuances/sensitivities
- Sound organisational and computer skills to create and maintain accurate stakeholder databases, tracking political views and opinions
- Experience of dealing with senior level staff, as well as parliamentarians and their staff
- Desire to build networks and work as part of a team
- Experience of pensions and/or financial services is an advantage but not essential
- Prior experience of using a parliamentary on-line monitoring tool would be an advantage
If you would like to discuss the position further, please call Ryan.