Sound designer - PlayStation Worldwide First Party Studio Member
We are looking for an experienced sound designer to join a video game development studio based in Guildford. Our client is a proud member of the PlayStation Worldwide Studios and the creators of multi-award winning PS4 games.
"We are a proud PlayStation Worldwide First Party Studio, small and diverse with a family vibe. We have a highly collaborative approach to development and a welcoming, inspiring and productive work space. Self-motivation, knowledge of your craft, and willingness to push the boundaries of what is possible are important qualities for all our staff".
The successful candidate will:
- Have an understanding of what is required to make a game sound good, and be able to demonstrate that knowledge with examples of work.
- Have plenty of knowledge about sound recording, experience recording different material, and an understanding of all the practicalities involved. This should also be demonstrable in examples of work.
- Must have experience and proof of using various different sound implementation systems: Wwise, FMOD, Unity, Unreal etc. You don't have to be an expert but a level of competence and expertise is needed.
- The candidate should ideally demonstrate either a working knowledge of an in-game implementation system, or have used some form of Scripting language. Experience with logic is an important part of this role. Demonstrable knowledge using systems like UE4 Blueprints, Max MSP or other visual logic systems is needed.
- You will need to show some musical knowledge and composition skills. This is not a composition job, but the ability to compose and engineer music is an important feature of this post.
A competitive salary is being offered as well as a host of employee perks including discounted electronics, life insurance, season ticket loan and private medical and dental cover.