This role reports to the Assurance Manager who in turn reports to the Domain Lead (Infrastructure).
The Assurance analyst has no direct reports. However, he or she is a critical member in the Assurance team, supporting the Assurance manager with the tasks as outlined below.
Their primary responsibility will be taken up with financial management & reporting across the infrastructure team; raising purchase orders, seeking the correct approvals and receipting them. It is expecting that the individual will be very organised and able to keep detailed records of this.
Their secondary responsibilities consist of supporting the Assurance manager in ensuring that Infrastructure services are documented (Service Catalog), measured against (SLAs/OLAs), reported on (dashboards, reporting) and improved.
- Organised, self-motivated and with attention to detail
- Knowledge of ITIL and other industry wide initiatives that promote quality and process improvement
- Previous experience working in Matrix managed environments essential, ideally with service Assurance responsibilities
- Detail oriented, process driven, highly innovative mind-set, with deeply engrained sense of ownership
- Flexible in approach and inventive in order to deliver the right outcomes
- Strong customer focus and an excellent ability to manage customer relationships and understand requirements and expectations
- Understands stakeholder management & communications
- Positive engagement and motivation.
- Infrastructure Industry awareness to identify improvement opportunities and implement them across the services and processes incorporated within the domain.
- General knowledge of all areas of IT Infrastructure.