SQL Database Administrator
Database Administrator required for a permanent positon in Leeds with a leading client.
You will be joining an established team who provide the highest quality technology-based services, in the most cost-effective manner, to support the business strategy and strategic change programme The department develops, enhances and manages applications and infrastructure through appropriate architecture streams to provision highly effective, reliable, secure, and innovative information systems to support the business in its delivery of a world-class service by exceptional staff.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Management of the of all the businesses databases to ensure the consistently successful delivery of the following:
- High availability of all business critical databases during core business hours
- Responsible for performance of all MPS database systems.
- Responsible for ensuring high availability and expected levels of performance of the databases that support the core systems within the company
- To proactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime
- Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases to include rollout and upgrades
- To define database development standards, ensuring that the team is working uniformly to deliver quality, acceptable database performance levels in a timely fashion
- Responsible for implementation and release of database changes according to agreed timescales and meets defined change control methods defined by the team
- The quality, accuracy and fitness for purpose of project deliverables.
- Microsoft SQL Server Experience, including SQL Server 2008R2 up to SQL Server 2016, with knowledge of differences in all versions and across all SQL Server editions
- SQL Azure
- In-depth understanding of database security during their design and deployment
- Experience of enterprise database design, strategy and architecture.
- A highly capable business-oriented individual
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of SSRS and SSIS
- Ability to quickly assimilate knowledge from outside own area of expertise.
- Is pragmatic, able to balance business needs with the needs of security and data protection.
- Continual search for quicker, repeatable solutions to common risks.
- Working knowledge of MS CRM, MS SharePoint, SAP IQ, SAP DS and SAP BO
Benefits include: 12% Pension Contribution. Annual Bonus, Private Medical healthcare and many more
If you are looking for a job with endless learning & development opportunities with a business that invests heavily in IT, then apply today
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation.