Technical Specialist (After Sales/Tech Support)
Job title: Technical Specialist
Reporting to: Operations Director
Type of position: Full time
Hours: 37.5 hours per week.
Salary: GBP25k - GBP28k
We are an innovative, fast growing world leader in Automated point-of-use dispensing and supply chain technologies. We are at the forefront of technology trends that help customers improve their business performance by reducing operational costs in the supply chain while enabling new business models and revenue streams at the front end of their business.
We are defining the future of how companies manage their supply chains by providing tailored, scalable, hardware and software solutions, which allow customers to right-size and control materials, supplies, equipment and critical parts, based on true demand. We are also pioneering new self-service smart lockers for use in Retail, Food, Industrial distribution and Hospitality/Sports Entertainment businesses.
General description of duties:
You will be part of a small team providing technical after sales support to our EU clients. This will require supporting our current team and building additional capability and resources. In supporting all technical aspects of project implementation and providing ongoing support for our client base. This position will provide high-level customer support and requires strong diagnostic skills, excellent communication skills and a high sense of urgency. Some international travel may be required.
Work experience & skills requirements:
- Provide support for our After Sales customer support team along with technical support for our customers and Project Coordinator group.
- Interact with IT and Network Security Managers at our client companies.
- Ability to earn the client's trust and confidence during training and support calls.
- Diagnose and correct mechanical, electronic, network/network security/ firewall routing and other complex technical issues.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of business processes/standards/testing requirements.
- Experience working in an IT support environment.
- Foreign language skills are an advantage. (Particularly French or German)
Good customer service "heart" and the confidence and professionalism to interface with our diverse client base at many organisational levels.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, backed up by strong organisational and time
- Degree in IT Technology & Infrastructure.
- Proven experience working with VPN options including SSL and IPsec.
- Proven experience/competence of Corporate Network Security practices and common data encryption standards.
- Experience in applying various methods of routing traffic through firewalls, including DMZs and Routing Rules.
- Some mechanical engineering qualifications or experience.