We’re looking for a talented and experienced Copywriter to join our passionate marketing team on a part-time basis, with flexible working hours. The majority of the work can be delivered from home, with the occasional check-in at our London office in Clerkenwell. As our lead copywriter, you will have a firm grasp on the English language and be responsible for creating and a wide variety of copy across easyfundraising customer touchpoints.
- Working with the senior marketing team to develop a consistent writing style, provide ongoing feedback on customer facing communications and help to produce tone-of-voice guidelines.
- Leveraging the principles of influence (for more detail here, please refer to authors Cialdini and Shelldrake) and the art of storytelling to foster high levels of engagement and action.
- Researching and writing long-form copy for our blog and other editorials of a similar nature.
- Writing landing page copy that engages with our audience and compels them to take action.
- Rewriting website copy in-line with overall brand strategy development and re-platforming.
- Revamping technical content on how causes can best use the easyfundraising product.
- Developing copy for email as part of our CRM program, working to quick turnaround times.
- Producing e-shots, advertorial and copy for other long-form native advertisements.
- Crafting ad copy across in various format and for various platforms (Google, Facebook, etc.)
You need to have:
- A passion for the written word and a meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong creative thinking and communication skills, with the ability to develop great content and copy, which not only meets brand guidelines but delivers against commercial objectives.
- Proven experience in being able to deliver a very high standard of copy to set deadlines.
- A good understanding of the principles of influence and experience using these.
- A focused but flexible mindset, comfortable working for a fast-paced organisation.
- Experience working in a start-up business or SME, willing to show some hustle as required.
- Experience writing for the third sector would be significantly advantageous.
Founded in 2007, easyfundraising is now the UK’s largest charity reward organisation. We are committed to making a difference in the world and our blog contains many examples of the positive impact that the £17million+ in donations has had across the charities and good causes that we support. We operate as an online affiliate, partnering with over 3,000 online retailers to refer shoppers to their websites. Every time that referred consumers shop online, the retailer will pay us a commission. We turn part of that commission into a donation and the consumer can donate to one of the 114k+ good causes that are registered on the platform. The rest of the commission we take as a fee, and where the business has generated a profit in the last 10 years, the majority of this has been re-invested back into operations.