Part-time - Examiner - Health & Social Care
Part-time External Verifier - Health & Social Care
Pearson have exciting opportunities for Health & Social Care teachers to become Examiners for our BTEC Qualifications.
We are currently recruiting for the following units:
Unit 1: Human Lifespan Development
Unit 2: Working in Health and Social Care
Unit 4: Anatomy and Physiology for Health and Social Care
Unit 5: Enquiries into Current Research in Health and Social Care
The BTEC Examiner role is an excellent opportunity to earn some extra money in a part-time role, alongside any full-time commitments you may have, whilst also developing your career in education.
A BTEC (Level 3) Examiner marks candidates’ responses in accordance with the pre-defined mark scheme, whilst adhering to the Code of Practice and examination procedures. Most subjects will be marked onscreen using ePEN, which can be done from home. A few subjects are still marked in the traditional method, using paper scripts sent through the post. A high level of subject knowledge is necessary in order to apply the mark scheme. Each examiner will receive an agreed allocation of scripts.
- To mark accurately and consistently to ensure overall standards are maintained.
- To submit samples to your Team Leader at designated times.
- To ensure milestones for marking are adhered to.
- To ensure all administration is completed as specified.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- You will hold a minimum of one year’s full time teaching experience of the relevant subject and level
- You will have a degree or equivalent
- You will be a qualified teacher
- You will have the ability to work well under pressure
- You will have the ability to meet deadlines
- You will have a high level of subject knowledge in order to apply the mark scheme.
Welcome to Pearson, the world's leading learning company. We have a simple mission: to help people make more of their lives through learning.
We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in names like Edexcel, BTEC, EDI and LCCI.
For more information