Senior Adviser (Registration)
Do you have experience of leading in an advisory role, in a regulatory environment or legislative one and have a great eye for accuracy and detail?
Are you passionate about providing excellent customer service and developing relationships with external stakeholders?
A really exciting opening has arisen for a Senior Registration Adviser to join the Regulation team giving the opportunity to lead on assessing applications by regulated entities to register with the Commission pursuant to the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000 (PPERA). The post-holder will also have the opportunity to develop stakeholder relationships with those entities and to provide them with advice and guidance about their registration obligations.
We are the independent elections watchdog for the UK. We are responsible for the effective administration of UK elections and referendums, for political party registration and for the regulation of political party finances and funding arrangements.
The Commission maintains and publishes registers of political parties, non-party campaigners and other organisations involved in political finance. You will play a key part in the registration of regulated entities with the Commission and will assess registration applications from regulated entities. This will involve taking the lead on assessing applications against the requirements of PPERA to inform the Commission's decision making, and the administrative handling of applications. You will also liaise with representatives of political parties and other stakeholders about their registered entries.
You will become the recognised expert in the field of registration with current and up to date knowledge of the relevant legislation and will lead on dealing with complex issues in the registration field. You will also proactively work to identify and resolve any developing issues relating to the registration processes, including the conduct of reviews of registration procedures and controls.
Who we are looking for
- You will have experience of working in a regulatory or legislative environment.
- You will have experience of leading on resolving queries and relaying information to stakeholders in an accurate and timely manner.
- You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including strong written communication skills, and sensitivity with more complex issues.
- You will have a strong commitment to delivering results with a focus on continuous improvement.
- You will have excellent attention to detail and experience of working an environment where accuracy is critical.
- You will have excellent prioritisation skills with the ability to manage several different tasks and organise your workload effectively.
To discover more about the role and the Commission, please visit the Jobs and vacancies page on our website.
Cloisng Date: 2 nd July 2017,11:45pm