Transport Planning Team Leader
Working in our modern offices in London Bridge, you can expect a supportive and vibrant atmosphere that stems from the fact that this team are working on large-scale projects that just can't be matched by other councils. Specifically, you will work on concepts such as the GBP3billion redevelopment of Elephant and Castle or the 'Healthy Streets for London' initiative. These projects require creative thinking, so we're throwing convention out and replacing it with innovative ideas, agile working, flexible hours and a great work/life balance that includes up to 33 days of holiday and a generous pension. Tempted? Then get in touch today.
When you join the Highways Team, you can expect to define your career with a large-scale rejuvenation of the borough of Southwark. It's a role that will see you contributing to the provision of thousands of homes for residents, plus new leisure facilities, the protection of heritage buildings, the creation of new parks and the shaping of a better future for every person who lives, works and plays in this dynamic neighbourhood.
Taking responsibility for seeing planning policies through from concept to final completion, you will nurture complex transport planning services such as the development of investment programmes which will determine the value of the land. With your expertise making a direct impact on the environment of the area, you will work collaboratively with stakeholders such as the Cabinet, and you will be entrusted with GBP1million projects - so you need to be passionate about making a dynamic social change that will benefit generations to come.
What you'll need:
- Professional qualifications to support your extensive experience in transport planning, or traffic engineering and management.
- Great leadership skills and the ability to work within a team context.
- A good understanding of Local Government - including financial constraints and political awareness.
- The confidence to carry out public consultation exercises.
- An excellent grasp of how the regeneration and economic development of an urban area can be enhanced by sustainable public transport.
Shortlisting date: TBC
Interview date: TBC