Blossom House is an Ofsted-rated "Outstanding" specialist school for children aged 3 - 19 years of age with speech, language and communication difficulties. Although many of the children have some associated difficulties such as fine motor problems or poor organisational skills, they are all within the average range of cognitive abilities.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced enthusiastic Office Administrator to join our busy School Administration Team. This role would ideally suit someone with excellent administrative skills, good attention to detail, very good computer skills, an ability to multi-task, continually learn in the role, and develop good working relationships with children, parents, colleagues and external members.
We are looking for a calm, flexible and motivated team member with:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail), preferably with experience of working with other school-related software packages and databases and websites.
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to build good working relationships with children, parents and carers, colleagues and external members.
- The ability to manage competing priorities, adapt to change and be willing to learn.
- Some experience of delivering first aid to children, preferably with a recent First Aid certificate.
- A supportive working environment in a newly refurbished building.
- Close to a good transport network and on-site free parking is available.
- Competitive salaries, generous staff benefits and a friendly nurturing environment.
The role is a Permanent, Full-Time role, Monday to Friday (8:30 - 17:00)
Annual salary: GBP pa (negotiable depending on experience)
8 weeks holiday pa to be taken in school holidays and 8 paid Bank holidays
Closing Date: Friday, 30 th June 2017, 12:00
Starting Date: September 2017
All applicants must already have the right to live and work in the UK, and must be available for interview in person in the week commencing 3 rd July 2017.
Applicants will need to complete an application form detailing how they meet the requirements of the person specification.
If you wish to apply for the post, please download the application form from the school website and email completed forms via the button below.
For further information please contact:
Sarah Lynch, email:
This role is subject to the relevant Safeguarding checks which will include an Enhanced DBS check and right to work in the UK checks.