Service Manager Quality Assurance
With a committed staff team, good morale and clear transformation agenda to improve the lives of vulnerable children there has never been a better time to join Lewisham Children's Social Care.
We are seeking to appoint to a key leadership role to complete our senior management team, for the Quality Assurance Service.
1 st Floor, Laurence House, Catford London, SE6 4RU.
What we're looking for
With a proven track record of performance improvement and service development you will lead a dedicated management team overseeing Child Protection Conference arrangements, Independent Reviews for Looked After Children, Local Authority Designated Officer arrangements, Quality Assurance and Service Development, including the departmental links with the Lewisham Safeguarding Children Board.
If you have a passion for improving outcomes for vulnerable children, are a qualified and experienced social worker and manager we would like to hear from you. In return we will offer:
- being part of a supportive and skilled senior management team
- opportunity to innovate and develop provision as part of our service
- transformation programme
- excellent training and development opportunities; including being part of our successful Teaching partnership with Goldsmiths University
- flexible working
- generous annual leave (34 days after 10 years continuous service).
Plus a range of benefits that includes:
- a career average pension scheme
- staff discount scheme including sports & leisure facilities including free lunchtime swimming
- interest free loans for season tickets
- interest free cycle loans
- cycle hire scheme
- free eye tests
- family friendly policies
- staff support groups
GBP64,449 - GBP69,882 pa (SMG3).
This post also attracts a market supplement of GBP4,000 increasing total remuneration to GBP68,449 - GBP73,882 pa
For an informal discussion, please contact Stephen Kitchman, Director of Children's Social Care on .
Lewisham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS.
To find out more, including a full job description and person specification, and to apply, please click apply and search council vacancies.
The Council reserves the right to close adverts early if there is a large response.
Closing date: 9th July 2017, 11:59pm
Interview date: 19th July 2017