Admin Assistant - Life Sciences
A broad supportive role that focuses primarily on team support and administration including across databases and marketing materials and non-client facing activities. Great opportunity, with potential for flexible hours. Ideal for an experienced candidate i.e. a working parent or looking to return to an office environment after parental leave.
Instinctif Partners is an international business communications consultancy, specialists in reputation, influence and engagement. We work with over 850 clients globally, from FTSE100 enterprises to SMEs just starting out on their journey. We are 450+ people twenty offices in ten countries, working across six practice areas and a range of sector specialisms.
We are recognised across our industry as one of the Best Places to Work in 2017 (PR Week) and have been shortlisted for Employer of the Year and the UK National Business Awards and the European Business Awards. Our values define us: we blaze a trail, always connect, move fast and keep it real. Described by our clients as a ‘challenger agency’, ‘a thought partner’ and ‘fantastic at thinking outside the box’, we are looking for innovative thinkers to join our team.
Winner of the prestigious PR Week International Agency of the Year 2017, we have a strong reputation in the financial PR arena, winning the PRCA City Agency of the Year in 2017 and 2016.
The Life Sciences practice of Instinctif Partners brings together a unique mix of expertise in corporate, financial, marketing and product communications with a dedicated design consultancy. We’ve earned a formidable reputation for creative, comprehensive and effective communications counsel over two decades.
We deliver communications programmes focused on enhancing the value proposition for companies seeking investment, partnerships or customers. Our clients range from start-ups to multi-nationals. All have a common goal to make a difference, whether that’s in pharma, biotech, medical devices, diagnostics, e-health, or through enabling technologies and services. We aim to make a difference through the strategic counsel and communications services we offer.
- General admin and team support.
- Travel and diary management support.
- Room and IT bookings to ensure smooth running of meetings.
- Telephone and enquiries support.
- Typing and editing documents.
- Excel data entry and formatting (pagination and data entry, not formulas).
- Photocopying, booking couriers and taxis and general admin support as required.
- Remain up to date and able to use all of Instinctif Partners systems and work procedures (training supplied).
- Cover for the Senior Executive Assistant on a Friday.
- Proactive admin to support the marketing calendar and activities.
- Word factsheet template set-up and formatting.
- PowerPoint template set-up, content development and formatting.
- Formatting estimate and proposals.
- Proof reading documents.
- Maintain intranet file repositories.
- Posting materials to our websites and social media channels.
- Lead on CRM database entries and upkeep, new business actions.
- Support logistics and admin for events.
- Assist team with daily client media monitoring.
- Support PR contact databases.
- Posting news releases to websites and social media channels.
- Previous experience in an Administrative role, supporting a busy team / department.
- Experience in a PR, Consultancy or Marketing environment would be an advantage.
- Ideally degree educated in any discipline, but non-graduate would be considered for a bright candidate.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and PowerPoint, a good knowledge of Excel. Preferably Office 2010. Competent in CS5.5 (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat).
- Good visual judgment is essential, as well as attention to detail and high levels of accuracy (formatting, spelling and grammar).
- For a full time role – contracted hours are 7.5 per day (37.5 per week) to be worked between 8.30am and 6pm, but flexibly is essential in order to meet both business and customer needs.
- For a part time role – hours and shift patterns are flexible and will be discussed on appointment to the role. As a minimum contracted hours are 24 hours per week and must include 10am -3.30pm on a Friday.
Application Requirement : Please specify if you wish to apply for the role on a part-time or full-time basis when submitting your application.
While working with us your objectives will also include your own career aspirations, we want to help you grow. Your job description will only be complete when you help us to fill in those details. Please do so as part of your Job application.