Working at FlightGlobal is dynamic, exciting and not without its share of challenges. We have a can-do culture and, having doubled in size in the last three years, it’s a fast moving business with big ambitions. You need to be solutions orientated with a positive approach to life and work.
We’ve been pioneering aviation insight for over 100 years, providing essential access to the aviation market, insight, data and news. Our extensive range of sponsorship, marketing and advertising solutions connect clients to global aviation professionals across on and offline channels and face to face events
Reporting to the Global VP Sales the Commercial Analyst is responsible for the collection, analysis and reporting of Commercially related data in an on-going effort to increase overall business productivity – with key primary focus on Product, Marketing, Sales and Strategy performance.
Your job is to discover, join up and study customer, market and competitor information to help FlightGlobal sector teams and senior Leadership make informed decisions about their business. Working with the teams, this role will lead the vision of how we develop a repeatable solution which servces multiple stakeholders to drive opportunities such as identifying cross-sell opportunities, leading indicators of retention issues, Product commercial performance by sector, effective use of NPS
This is a business critical role, and as part of a focussed team, will ensure that FlightGlobal had the information it needs to make the right business decision to drive growth
FlightGlobal Customer and Prospect Analytics
- Work as part of a team to connect and interpret data and insight in order to support a deeper understanding of the FlightGlobal customer and marketplace.
- Collaborate effectively across all Commercial functions (Product, Marketing, Sales and Strategy)n order to define ongoing requirements and delivery timetable.
- Develop regular reporting of insight that identifies leading and lagging indicators of commercial performance against specific use cases.
- Collaborate with the RBI CI team to build a deep qualitative understanding of the FlightGlobal customer in order to support marketing and product development.
- Harvest existing customer data sets from disparate sources.
- Develop and execute the vision of a long lived data solution that that enables management and analysis of these data sets.
- Review, recommend and implement Competitive insight gathering into existing workflows such as NPS, customer communications and events with practical and scalable solutions.
- Collaborate with the RBI CI team and FlightGlobal Business Development teams to build an understanding of the Competitive Insight tools and agencies available and recommend short. Medium and long-term approaches
Present key findings and the overall project journey on both Customer and Competitor Insight to the FlightGlobal Senior Leadership Team
- Product, Sales and Marketing Leadership and Operations teams
- FlightGlobal Strategy
- RBI Business Development teams
- FlightGlobal Technology teams
- Data and Marketing Technology
- Customer Insight team
- Data Services Subscription teams
- RBI and RELX business development teams
- Sales and Marketing Analytics Specialists
Technologies Supporting the Role
Customer Intelligence tools, Salesforce automation systems, Business Intelligence tools, Web analytics, Product usage intelligence, Data management tools, marketing automation platforms, Social media tools
Success Metrics Stakeholder satisfaction, completion of core tasks on time and budget, Present ideas, based on analysis, that can be directly linked to revenue growth. Provide the business with tools that allow for ongoing and scalable analysis
Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in business, marketing or related field or equivalent
- A strong background in data interrogations, interpretation and insight provision
- A range of Technical skills such as SQL, EXCEL and across a wide range of platforms
- An ability to work collaboratively across teams and in a matrix environment
About Reed Business Information
Reed Business Information (RBI) provides information, analytics and data to business professionals worldwide. Our strong global products and services hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day. RBI is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
RBI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
RBI General Benefits Package:
- Pension Scheme
- 29 Days Holiday
- Paid Charity Days – 2 days per year
- Life Insurance (4x salary)
- Save As You Earn Share Scheme (SAYE)
- Competitive Salaries