Senior Project Manager - Blackpool and The Fylde College
Responsible to: Director of Capital Projects and Infrastructure
Co-ordinates with: Director of Estates, Projects and Infrastructure team, College staff, contractors, consultants and external agencies
Summary of Responsibilities:
To manage the effective delivery of College Capital Build Projects, minor works and planned maintenance programmes from inception to occupancy and to ensure completion to agreed quality, time and cost objectives.
To take an active role in the development of the detailed brief for projects taking into full account the College's values, space and quality criteria, curriculum modelling indicators and stakeholder consultations.
Assume working group leader responsibilities for project and building maintenance managers and the wider estates team where applicable.
To assist in driving forward the space management agenda throughout the College using benchmarking data and utilisation surveys to identify space efficiencies across College.
- Ensure that the highest standards of programme and project management are applied to allocated projects in order to deliver facilities that are fit for purpose, on time, within agreed cost and to the desired standard.
- Undertake effective consultation with all stakeholders throughout the life of the works.
- Appoint appropriate consultants and lead technical design teams
- Ensure disruption to the delivery of the curriculum and corporate activities are minimised during the lifetime of the project through effective planning and clear communications.
- Ensure that all mandatory and legislative procedures are correctly adhered to particularly with respect to financial matters, building regulations and College policies.
- Monitor the risk management and change control measures in respect of allocated projects.
- Prepare and issue of monthly project management reports on allocated projects covering the principal matters affecting the project including design, costs, risk, variations, compliance with programme and communications.
- Assist with the day to day management and control of the College's building management system and integration of new projects
- Provide information and advice on all legislative, sustainability and Health & Safety matters which are related to allocated project works.
- Ensure that all contractors entering College sites to carry out building works do so in accordance with College policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all Health & Safety matters and statutory testing requirements in respect of all allocated project works.
- To assist in gathering information and preparation for reporting to funding bodies such as LEP/ SFA etc
- To assist in compilation and monitoring/ management of the Colleges infrastructure service and maintenance contracts.
The list of duties as described above are seen as a guide and are deemed to include all such duties as deemed commensurate with the post level
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC:
To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
This job description is current at the date shown and may be amended after consultation and agreement between management and the post holder.