Application Specialist - South UK, London, Oxford, Birmingham and Camb
2 days left
- Full Time
Department: Technical Support
Reports To: Application Specialist Manager
Location: Anywhere in South UK, London, Oxford, Birmingham and Cambridge ideal
Salary: GBP35,000 - GBP40,000 p/a
Responsible for ensuring stable operation of The Company's equipment and products in both Transfusion and Transplant with a focus on our molecular product line, by providing customers with high quality technical instruction and assistance in resolving technical and assay performance problems.
The role will interface with Field Service and Sales teams in an effort to manage installations and resolve system software and hardware failures. It is expected that candidates time will be split between both Transfusion and Transplant specialties providing support where and when it is required. This includes resolving product performance issues while enhancing customer knowledge and use of our products.
The incumbent will be also held accountable for identifying key areas to increase revenue within a working laboratory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Arrange and carry out expert promotion, demonstration and Technical Support for new and existing customers of The Company's systems and products, specifically regarding Molecular Genotyping and Histocompatibility. In-depth knowledge of HLA and SSO/SSP Typing is a must-have.
- Provide customer training and Technical Support (including complaint handling) post??? installation of instruments and products
- Document all aspects of the job with appropriate forms and tools
- Perform on site corrective actions following customer complaints and update corresponding Trackwise entries.
- Perform demos and give presentations in order to highlight to the customer the full range of The Company's solutions, product portfolio and their uses, capabilities and benefits
- Gather information, market trends and customer perceptions of competitors to assist Sales Team to develop Sales, Marketing and Customer Service strategies
- Improve customer satisfaction and retention through education of equipment and product optimisation/utilisation
- Identify areas to upsell The Company products at existing customer sites
- Support the Sales Team's objectives from both a commercial and a technical standpoint
- Perform and assist with product investigation and assay related issues
- Represent the core values, culture and brand of The Company, while following company policies and guidelines
- Perform at customer sites all required training on The Company's products and instruments, to ensure the highest levels of knowledge and their optimal use
- Maintain an appropriate level of professional competence, including keeping up to date scientific knowledge and attending relevant seminars and conferences where appropriate
- Provide customer support for Performance Qualification and validation of equipment and assays
- Identify key areas for customers to automate and use Company products by providing expert knowledge on current and best practices
- Manage equipment and software interfacing to customer LIS
- Assist with pre???installation checks and preparation of new equipment for installation
- Monitor customers skills in the use of our systems and products; identify if further training sessions are required and advising on best practice
- Perform necessary investigations (by phone or on???site) and carry out corrective actions in order to resolve problems and address customer complaints of all natures
- Monitor status of the instruments and carry out any required maintenance, when visiting customers to check on the performance of their system or products
- Perform service pack installations and software upgrades when required with apropriate documentation
- Ensure all systems are running on the latest software updates and to accomplish all TAN's
- Participate in pre and post sales activities including customer meetings, congresses and seminars as required
- To perform weekly report timesheet regarding their activity Provide 'Hotline' support, when required
- Provide full documentation on activities, writing reports as required
- Ensure that all activities are in compliance with the company's procedures and quality system Fulfilling the functions of a service engineer when required, i.e. emergency call???outs, troubleshooting, etc.
- Assist the sales team to achieve/exceed their sales budget by providing:
- Customers with specialised support, product awareness and understanding.
- The Sales and Marketing Teams with information on customer sites, system performance, competitors' products, customer reactions and effectiveness of sales arguments
- Must be available to work irregular hours as necessary to handle peaks of work Optional on???call duties according to separately defined company scheme
- Unplanned travel to customer sites may be necessary in emergency and service situations Area of geographical responsibility is UK
- Travel to other countries in order to provide support for distributors may be required
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button.