Qualified Social Worker (Looked after Children)
Our client, a reputable local authority in the South East are currently looking to recruit experienced and skilled Social Workers to join their successful and supportive team of staff on a full time, permanent basis.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a new and progressive team, providing a Social Work service to vulnerable Looked after Children, families and carers.
- To develop and execute care plans in order to improve outcomes for Looked After children
- To undertake assessments under the national assessment framework
- To refer young people, families and carers to appropriate specialists services
- To be responsible for a caseload allocated
- To prepare reports and attend court in accordance with child care legislation
- HCPC Registration with relevant post qualifying experience
- Full UK driving Licence and own car
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of all legislation, especially that relating to child protection and looked after children
- A passion for improving outcomes for children and young people
- Ability to work as part of a team
We are hoping to hear from candidates who are HCPC registered and have experience in working within a similar team, preferably within a LAC Team in a Local Authority. To be considered you must posses in knowledge and experience of working within relevant legislation and be self motivated with a flexible and creative approach to problem solving.
This position is with a progressive a highly supportive Local Council who really value their staff and as part of this commitment they ensure all staff;
- Receive a competitive salary and welcome bonus of GBP2000
- Attend a full induction where you will undertake all the mandatory training you will need. This will include classroom training, e-learning and a range of work place shadowing opportunities.
- Receive an annual appraisal along with regular supervision sessions
- Have access to a wide range of training opportunities to help you develop yourself within the role
- Have access to a wide range of attractive benefits including childcare vouchers, access to help with travel and car cost, paid HCPC registration and much more.
If you are interested in this position or wish to find out more please either call Lameez Peer in confidence on / or send your CV and contact details to .