Supervising Social Worker - Northamptonshire / home based
A successful, growing and family feel IFA are looking for a home based Supervising Social Worker to join their child and outcomes focused team, based in the Northampton region. Supporting carers across Northamptonshire, you will live locally to this region.
This IFA has since exceptional service growth and development since it started due to rigorous matching, and the excellent support, supervision and training given to their carers. With a therapeutic team behind them, they have fantastic placement stability and have an excellent reputation for the quality of their learning and development, support and safeguarding provided to children and foster carers.
Brief over view of roles and responsibilities:
- To provide support and supervision to foster carers
- To work closely with any agencies and all staff to match children to families
- To assess and provide training to foster carers as per the needs assessed in a reactive and proactive manner
- To actively recruit and assess applicants offering to care for children on behalf of the Agency
- To attend and produce reports for fostering panel meetings as necessary.
- To carry out an annual review of Foster families
- To support and attend a foster carer support group as needed.
- To exercise an understanding of the customs, traditions, culture and religions when dealing with children and foster families.
- To act, if required, as a member of Foster Care panel
You will be / have:
- A qualified social worker
- HCPC registered
- An excellent comprehension of all relevant legislation across children's services
- A minimum of 2 years PQE in children's services
- Ideally have worked within / have a good understanding of the fostering social work sector
This is great opportunity to work for a creative and forward thinking IFA.
Salary is to cGBP32,000
For further information and a JD, please contact Harriet on / /
Iris Resourcing is an unrivalled specialist resourcing partner to the looked after children's social work sector, with a targeted focus across fostering & adoption: With a focus on permanent recruitment, we work strategically to find the ideal fit, matching experience, skills and aspirations.
If the above role is not suitable, but you are looking for a move within the sector, please do make contact to discuss what you may be looking for and other available opportunities.