IT Development Technician ASP.NET, C#
IT Development Technician
Organisation: UK NARIC
Hours of Work: 8.30am -5.00pm Full time 37.5 hours
Salary: GBPto-25k, subject to skills and experience
UK NARIC is the UK's National Agency responsible for providing information and expert advice on international qualifications and skills.
We are looking for an IT Development Technician to join our growing IT team in a dynamic and expanding business.
This is a fast paced, technical role in a friendly and dynamic office. As part of the IT team, you will provide: key developmental support to the business; work with internal and external clients to design and implement technical solutions; and front-line technical support for all staff.
Principally, as a member of the IT & System Development team within UK NARIC, the successful applicant will be required to:
Support the design and development of in-house created IT systems, databases, and online web-based products
Meet project goals and specifications in terms of time, cost, and performance
Appropriately identify and implement new and relevant technology to deliver project goals
Process and respond to internal and external IT requests within defined timeframes
Occasional opportunities to represent the company at external events
- Excellent team working skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Experience of working in a technical role within a busy office based environment
- Flexible and adaptable with a proactive and positive attitude
- Professional, courteous manner
- Ability to thrive and remain calm, polite and patient in high-pressure situations
Please Note: Applicants must hold a current permit or visa showing their right to work in the UK
Principally, the successful candidate will provide front-line technical support for the business to both internal users and external clients and to assist the IT department in support of the operational and information needs of the business.
A degree from a UK University in a relevant discipline
Proven knowledge and experience of understanding user requirements
Strong technical and development skills in:
- ASP.NET (C#) 4.0 onwards
- SQL server 2012 (strong working knowledge of Transact SQL and use of other RDBMS functions, stored procedures, etc???)
- Knowledge of database design and usage of both relational and non-relational databases
- Technically minded with strong problem solving & analytical skills
- Effective personal time management
- Able to organise own workload effectively and prioritise tasks
- Able to work closely and communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Assertive, professional and credible when liaising with external clients
- Windows Server 2008 / 2012
- Experience in working with MS Dynamics CRM
- MS Exchange 2007 and above
- Active Directory
- Exposure to working with SharePoint
- Knowledge of networks and network topology AJAX
- MVC, jQuery, Bootstrap
If you think that you have what it takes to join us, please forward your CV, which should be submitted in the Europass CV format, with a covering letter and details of two referees to
Closing Date: 14th July 2017
Interview Date: 25TH July 2017
Interview Venue: UK NARIC, Suffolk House, 68-70 Suffolk House, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire. GL50 2ED.
Please note: We do not conduct interview and candidate testing remotely.