Who we are
Mumsnet is the UK’s biggest website for parents, and our purpose is to make their lives easier. We’ve got some of the busiest forums in Europe, with users offering each other advice and support 24/7 (as well as more content, bloggers, videos, events and campaigns than you can shake a rattle at). We want to be indispensably useful for parents, and a great place to work.
Why work for us?
We’ve grown sustainably over the last 16 odd years and we’ve got every intention of carrying on. We’re building a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment. We believe that mistakes are human, but learning is divine. We put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality, and our computers - metaphorically speaking - say 'YES'. We don't only want to hire the best people: we want to retain them. If you need some flexibility, let us know and we’ll do our best. For more about our equality and diversity policy, see here.
We host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions, we have a choir, a book club and a football team, and we have our own yoga studio while remaining tolerant of the Lycra-averse. Working for Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) and we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day.
Where we are
We’re based in sunny Kentish Town, where you’re never more than 500 metres away from a sourdough pizza and an elaborately refurbished pub.
We're on the hunt for a super-talented individual to join our content team: someone who writes smart, stylish copy, loves social, prides themselves on their speed and accuracy, and gets the Mumsnet voice.
This role is ideal for a graduate who already has some experience and is looking to move up the editorial ladder - but would equally suit someone who may be returning from a career break.
The role is a varied and dynamic one, but in the course of a typical day you'd be expected to:
- turn our users' contributions into brilliantly readable pages
- write cogent, arresting headlines
- create and schedule social posts
- source and edit images and create shareable graphics and memes
- react to breaking news and identify trending stories
- produce email newsletters using a dedicated CMS
- keep our homepage looking lively, topical and brimming with stuff our users want to read
- write, sub and generate content ideas to inspire and delight the Mumsnet audience
To do all this, you'll need
- to take genuine pleasure in crafting the perfect sentence
- an innate sense of written style, and impeccable grammar
- intimate knowledge and understanding of social media platforms
- great Photoshop skills
- previous experience in a digital role
- to be able to sub a page accurately and at speed
- to be ready to take the initiative and grab responsibility
- to love Mumsnet and its extraordinary community
- an understanding of SEO
- analytics experience
We’re looking for someone to work five days a week in our offices in Kentish Town, although we are proud to be a flexible employer and would certainly consider flexible options for the right candidate.
If you think this sounds like you, please apply with all of the following:
(1) your CV
(2) plus a brief covering letter, outlining your suitability for the role and your awareness of Mumsnet
(3) plus a link to two pieces of writing that you believe showcase your skills (on any subject).
Deadline for applications: 6th August, 2017
We'll be calling the best candidates in for interview as soon as we spot them, so don't delay!
Apply for Editorial Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly