KAA is a growing 11 - 18 academy situated in the heart of North Kensington. We opened in brand new buildings in 2014 and our facilities are second to none. We currently have 660 students in Years 7, 8, 9 and 12 with us, and are growing every year. Our Sixth Form opened this year and has made a very successful start.
At KAA we are building a school which has the very highest standards - both in terms of academic teaching and life beyond the classroom. In July 2014 the Department of Education reported we are "one of the best new academies they had ever seen" in terms of our planning and curriculum development. In November of that year we were inspected by Miriam Rosen, former HMCI, who wrote "the academy has made a remarkable start and is already securing highly positive outcomes for students." We look forward to our first full Ofsted inspection in due course and aim to achieve 'outstanding' in all areas.
We are currently looking for a talented and committed Finance Officer to join our growing Academy.
Accounts Payable (AP)
- Check and process invoices, and upload onto the finance system (Corero)
- Match purchase orders to invoices
- Schedule payment runs and follow through with reconciliations
- Record payments onto the ledger and match payments to invoices
- Liaise with vendors and respond to queries
- Review bank statements and perform regular bank reconciliations
- Input cashbook journals or nominal ledger journals where recharges need to be made or items need to be booked directly on the ledger
- Ensure we follow robust requisitioning and purchasing procedure across the Academy, including following up on approvals from department heads
- Collate information and place collective purchases across departments for educational resources (including online)
- Get quotes and make bulk text book and exercise book orders, ensuring best value for money for the academy
- Liaise with department heads regarding spending, ensuring consistency across departments
Accounts Receivable (AR) & Cash management
- Issue sales invoices, follow up debtors for payment
- Record receipts in the finance system (Corero)
- Help with management of cash in the academy and setting up of payments on ParentPay
- Monitor ParentPay payments, help matching and report on debt
Start date: 29 August 2017
Please download the enclosed Job Supporting Document which includes a full candidate pack and submit the attached completed application form to Lavinia Baboi by email via the button below if you are interested in the role. Please note that we cannot accept CVs.
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. The post holder must be committed to safeguarding the welfare of children.