Placement Co-ordinator - Slough
Salary: GBP32,492 - GBP37,270 (inclusive of local weighting)
Hours: 37 hours per week
An exciting opportunity to join Slough Children's Services Trust, which is a new and innovative company delivering children's safeguarding and social care services in Slough. This is the second Children's Services Trust to be established in the UK as a result of government direction following the successful creation of Doncaster Children's Services Trust. This makes us an exciting , but challenging place to work!
The Trust is a private company limited by guarantee, established solely for the purpose of improving Children's Services in Slough. The organisation therefore will need to work closely with central and local government to drive new and innovative approaches to solve increasingly complex challenges around children's support and services
Purpose of Role
To identify and co-ordinate the placement of children and young people in residential, foster, respite or residential education placements.
The role will collaborate and co-ordinate with Social Workers and Social Work teams within the Trust to identify the most appropriate, most suitable placements for children and young people.
Organise, manage and take responsibility for the placing of children and young people with external agencies that are Ofsted compliant and represent value for public money.
- To lead on responsibility for sourcing and negotiating all placements for children and young people in care
- To consider placement requests and identify up with suitable placement options
- Liaise with both in-house and external providers.
- Helping to embed the Placement Tendering Process across the Borough, building relationships and sharing good practice with partner authorities, and promoting co-operation and collaboration to achieve similar improvements in efficiency and effectiveness.
- Create and maintain a Slough Children Services Trust placement services' database
- Build strong working relationships with staff from within the Fostering Team, in house foster carers and external stakeholders.
- Undertake all paperwork, including on case management databases, contract and finance paperwork.
- Background in Social Work and/or procurement.
- Understanding of the children and young person placement market.
- Knowledge of financial regulations and relevant legislation e.g. The Children Act 2004.
- Confident and assertive to negotiate with placement costs.
- Excellent communication skills
- Can do attitude and work well under pressure
- Excellent MS office skills
How to Apply:
To apply, you need to complete an application form with your supporting statement outlining your skills and experience by clicking on the 'Apply' button.