DfT/541/17/DfTc. Aviation Security Training Manager
Are you a self starter with extensive training experience?
Do you have a good knowledge of aviation security principles and regulations?
If you can answer yes to the questions above, then we want to hear from you.
We have an exciting opportunity within DfTs Aviation Security Division as Aviation Security Training Manager. You will develop and maintain DfT's international aviation security training programme covering all staff working or based overseas.
You will develop and deliver initial and recurrent training for each type of aviation security post, identify external training courses and providers to complement the internal programme. You will provide support and mentoring throughout initial training, and develop training and support materials to be used by staff working overseas.
You will be an experienced trainer and learning and development facilitator. You have the capability to identify training needs and design and deliver packages accordingly. You will be willing to travel within the UK as well as potentially short notice overseas travel as part of the training delivery.
• Development of an initial training programme for all International Aviation Security Teams including production of training materials. Lead on the delivery of all training modules and/or arrange expert presenters as appropriate
• Liaise with external training providers in booking courses for International Teams to supplement the internal training programme and related procurement of courses. Ensure that courses booked are fit for purpose and offer value for money
• Conduct training needs analysis for existing team and develop recurrent training programme covering all staff working overseas for UK DfT
• Devise and maintain training records for staff undertaking aviation security duties overseas on behalf of the UK DfT
• Provide expert training advice to capacity development team to evaluate training bids from approved companies
• Undertake ad hoc quality assurance of training courses undertaken as part of the overseas capacity development programme
• Provide a training capability within the Department that can be mobilised at short notice when required to either support a DfT-contracted training company, or to train an overseas government's security screening cadre to meet a particular threat
Please refer to the attached Role Profile for further details
You should use the Civil Service Competency Framework, referring to the relevant competency definitions for the grade advertised. The Indicators listed on the attached document have been identified as most appropriate; please ensure that the evidence in your application meets the requirements of the role.
If invited to interview, this may consist of a range of question types. These could include questions about your strengths or how you would respond in any particular situation as well as specific examples of things you have done.
Please provide details of your previous Training and Learning and Development experience and knowledge of Aviation Security principles and regulations.
Full UK Driving Licence
We'll assess you against these competencies during the selection process:
Building capability for all Leading and communicating Changing and improving Managing a quality service
Civil Service Competency Framework
Civil Service pension schemes may be available for successful candidates.
Besides the rewarding nature of the job itself, the benefits that come with it are excellent.
The package includes generous leave entitlement, attractive pension options, flexible working and other policies to enable a good work/life balance, including beneficial childcare arrangements.
You'll also benefit from our commitment to nurturing and developing talent.
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is security check .
Candidates will be subject to UK immigration requirements as well as Civil Service nationality rules .
If you're applying for a role requiring security clearance please be aware that foreign or dual nationality is not an automatic bar. However certain posts may have restrictions which could affect those who do not have sole British nationality or who have personal connections with certain countries outside the UK.
Selection process details
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Open to UK nationals only.
Candidates in their probationary period are eligible to apply for vacancies within this department.
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles .
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Salary: 41,587 - 45,746. Date posted: 08/07/2017