Work Placement Officer - Wakefield College
Work Placement Officer
Hours of work: 17 hours per week
Salary: GBP9,791 - GBP10,217 per annum actual salary for 17 hours per week
Location: Wakefield City Campus
Work placements are an essential part of the 16-18 Study Programme and it is necessary that Wakefield College students receive access to a meaningful work placement that has a positive impact on the student's programme of learning.
As a Work Placement Officer, you will find and explore opportunities for student work placements, build strong relationships with employers and promote the value of work experience with students to enhance progression opportunities.
As Work Placement Officer, you should:
- Hold a Level 3 qualification
- Have GCSE grade A* - C or equivalent in English and Maths
- Have experience of working with employers in an educational or training setting
- Have experience of negotiating and setting up agreements with stakeholders
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- High levels of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office packages
- The ability to identify and suggest improvements to procedures and systems
Closing date: 11.00am on Thursday 3 August 2017
Interview date: Thursday 10 August 2017
See what we have to offer and come and join us. For further details, please refer to the job description and person specification above.
Transforming lives through learning ???
??? by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.